If you can’t travel, at least your stomach will...

 


Vegetarian curry

I never expected this to be so yummy. Thanks Nigella for the tip.

Exploring different cultures watching travel documentaries  and learning new recipes is my thing right now. 

This is so easy to make and doesn’t take long.

Firstly for 4 portions, I chopped 1/2 butternut squash and 2 sweet potatoes and baked them until they were tender, it didn’t have to be completely soft. (20-30min @180c) I would say al dente because  it was going to be cooked later in sauce until softened.



In the meantime I prepared the curry sauce where I put 2 garlic cloves, 1 red onion or you can also use a pink shallot, turmeric (if you don't have fresh , use powder 1 tbs), 3cm long piece of ginger, a bunch of fresh coriander, and 3 small chillis. I blended all these ingredients.



Then I cooked the paste in the pan, I added 1 can of coconut milk, which gave it a very smooth texture. Also a little bit of water, salt and pepper, 2 tbs of  red chilli paste, 2 tbs of tamarind (when i don't have I use Balti spice paste), you can add whole lemon grass, I have not used it on this occasion. 

Now mix the baked butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Bring to the boil and simmer until both are soft.

I then served it with rice and plain yogurt in case someone would find it too spicy, and my favourite Lime pickle. While the spices and sweetness play their its part, the acidity of the lime pickle gives this meal a refreshing taste.

Bon appetit!



Comments

  1. That sounds totally delicious. We try to eat 'veggie' a couple of times a week, and a veggie curry is often on the menu; usually either Mushroom or Aubergine. Both are very good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do you have 2 apples and don’t know what to make?

Once open a time...